Thursday, November 3, 2011

Halloween!

We had absolutely gorgeous weather for Halloween, it's as if the month of October just wanted to hang onto warmth for us up to the very last hour of it.  November moved in with a vengeance and so far this week we've had cold wind, snow, rain, and clouds.  But Halloween was fabulous and the kids of the neighbourhood basked in the 60 degree glory of Trick-or-Treating!

I had a sweet little Spiderman and an adorable Luna Lovegood from the Harry Potter books.  Luna's costume is actually the same costume that she wore last year to be Hermione, but since Luna is in Ravenclaw and Hermione is in Griffindor, we had to search out the properly colored tie!  So now she's wearing blue and yellow stripes instead of red and gold.....it's all about the details.
On Halloween morning I was suddenly insistent that my kiddos needed mama-made trick-or-treat bags (which I actually intended to make last year!) but I knew I wouldn't have the time to make the full bags.  Luckily there were pre-made blank totes at the fabric store to save the day, and I just sewed the fabrics of their choice around the bags!  I even had time to whip one up for cousin M, and we had a great time trick-or-treating through both of our neighbourhoods! 
(I was waiting for her outside the school and she couldn't see me, but I thought she looked so cute!)

2 comments:

Janice Walburger said...

I just love the costumes. Looks like your kids had a great time.

Gilly said...

I love the photo at the end. Luna just waiting for night bus or something. I love Halloween - glad your kids had a great time. The totes are cute too.