Saturday, September 10, 2011

today's bountiful basket....


Our selections this morning were delicious looking.....and my little Bountiful Basket helper set them all up with me for our photo.  You're looking at two heads of lettuce, spinach, grapes, cauliflower, green beans, bananas, pears, plums, sweet potatoes, peaches, and a little carton of fresh figs!  Yum!  I could have practically ordered this particular basket and that's what I would have picked out!  Well, except for maybe the figs, I'm not quite sure what to do with them.....any ideas.  We tasted them right away and we're not sure if they're our favorite.  I'm embarassed to say I don't remember ever eating a fresh fig.  But they're definitely beautiful once you cut them open! 

2 comments:

EmiG said...

We actually made "figgy pudding" with fresh figs for Christmas one year at my oldest's request. (I just found a recipe online.) It wasn't our favorite, but they have a greater appreciation for that verse in "We Wish You a Merry Christmas" now! :)

JWalburger said...

Looks yummy! Hope you enjoy!