Sunday, September 4, 2011

glasses....

Our beautiful third-grader is sporting a new pair of gorgeous glasses and can finally see the board at school!  :)  We all had eye appointments the week before school started and low and behold, she sees worse than me, poor girl.  Hopefully she doesn't have her dad's vision, he's nearly blind without his glasses!  So now she looks adorable and studious in her new specs, and might I add, very grown up!  It's hard to believe she'll soon be turning nine....

On a side note, she had a reading evaluation test this week at school and practically came running out of her classroom at the end of the day to tell me that her teacher had whispered to her that she did the best in the class and is now reading at a sixth grade level!  I'd like to thank J.K. Rowling for helping with that, as E's read straight through the Harry Potter books this summer.  She's just finishing up with number five, all 700 or so pages!  I hope once she finishes 7 and 8 we can keep her reading momentum going with something else new and exciting to read!

(On another side note, do you like our watermelon?  We have about 8 of them growing huge and fat and juicy in the crazy mess of vines that is our garden!  They've taken over almost everything!)

3 comments:

JWalburger said...

How Cute!! Tell Emberly that I love her new glasses. She looks so smart and pretty! How do your watermellons taste?

Crystal HW said...

Nice watermelon!
Looking good Emberly!

Gilly said...

Love the glasses. I always wanted them. Though now I hope the girls take after me and not my blind, but wonderful husband. Great job with the Harry Potters! Alice got stuck half way through number 4, when she discovered Anne of Green Gables again. She read Anne of the Island and now is wanting to start Anne of Windy Poplars, but somehow I lost that one.