Saturday, August 27, 2011

end of summer.....

It doesn't even feel quite right to title this post "end of summer" because the last few weeks have had daily temperatures in the mid-90's......it still feels HOT! But school started this week and the return of order to our schedule makes it feel like maybe summer is wrapping up.

We've been enjoying almost daily food from our garden.....squash, peppers, tomatoes, basil, carrots, cucumbers, and even a watermelon this week (which Derick and the kids picked while I was gone one night, it was definitely not ripe yet!). These tomatoes are my "Tigerellas," aren't they lovely? They're super juicey inside! But my favorite are definitely the big Brandywines. They're delicious!


4 comments:

JWalburger said...

Wow! Look at those huge carrots! It looks like you guys are really enjoying the fruits of your hard work. It has been really hot here also. How did the kids enjoy going back to school? Love Ya!

Vanessa said...

Oh megs I love your veggies you did so good you little gardener! I have had a lot of trouble commenting on peoples blogs it just wont let me so I hope this goes through! I love and miss you and appreciate you chacking my blog, I am so happy to have one blog friend out there! :)

Crystal HW said...

Those carrots are HUGE! Tigerellas look cook. Glad to see you have had a bountiful harvest. :)

Gilly said...

Everything looks delicious!!!! Great job!