Friday, May 6, 2011

splat.

Wednesday evening around 5 I was picking up the crockpot full of yummy, bubbling, golden chicken broth to strain into a pot in the sink, and SPLAT! The already slightly broken handle broke completely off and there went my beautiful liquid gold, all over the kitchen floor and my foot! I spent about 50 minutes cleaning it up, and finished up just as Derick and E came home for dinner, with nothing to show for it but a sparkly floor (and a slightly scalded foot!). So lesson learned......once the handle on your crockpot starts to break, buy a new one so you don't do what I did! I was so upset with the darn thing that it went right into the trash bin. I know that technically it still works, but without a handle it's difficult to clean and move around. (And it's got a few other problems as well, I won't bore you with the list.) But it's been well worth the 4$ I paid for it 5 years ago at a garage sale!

So I'm in the market for a new crockpot, let me know if you have any suggestions. I'm thinking maybe this one! :)

3 comments:

JWalburger said...

Don't you just hate it, when you think you are ahead of the game and then something happens that spoils the plan. Sorry about your crockpot!Love Ya!

Charise said...

sorry megan...life is full of these little messes aren't they? I hope your foot is better, you'll laugh about it later I know! Let me know how things are going...I tried calling you a couple of weeks ago. Talk to you later.

How's your garden doing? I finally got my garden planted the end of April and got have lots of little sprouts popping up...I LOVE IT! Enjoy.

kate said...

I am not sorry that it broke further, other than the pain of cleaning it all up. But mostly i am excited for you that you have the perfect excuse to go out and get a new one, and I love the idea of the one with the interchangeable crocks... with the amount you use your crock pot I am sure they would all get put to good use! :)