Saturday, May 14, 2011

rainy day garden

We've had a lot of rain here this week, and luckily I did lots of gardening last Saturday, so it got nice and soaked. I took all of my pictures from inside my door, didn't want to get too wet! This is the front garden bed, I gave it a new log border and planted pansies and petunias. I'll add more once the tulips are done.

It's hard to see my tomatoes behind the wall of irises, but this is the new garden spot my neighbor tilled up for me to use. I have nine tomatoes planted out there, I love to imagine how they'll look climbing up their stakes!

This is the rest of my new garden with watermelon, cantaloupe, green beans, and carrots.

(And through my screen door....) This is E's little garden, you can see the peas starting to climb, and her little cherry tomato.

And G's garden.....I love how it's starting to look like a patchwork quilt with each square growing a new kind of sprout!

2 comments:

JWalburger said...

We are way behind schedule as to the signs of spring around here. We still do not even have leaves on the trees yet. It is nice to see things growing in your garden and everything so green and nice. See you soon.

kate said...

I didn't plant my tomatoes today, so I might just hold off another few days, we'll see! I finally sat down at my real computer tonight, can you tell? :)