Sunday, May 15, 2011

last minute shirt.


So at about 11:30 Thursday night I had this great idea that I could just sew myself up a cute little black shirt for my orchestra concert yesterday. I always have these kinds of ideas late at night, and I almost never actually accomplish them! But my super inspiring sister Kate has been sewing up a storm lately, and I knew I could do it! So I went to the fabric store Friday morning, picked out my fabric, and came right home and cut it out so I couldn't back out of my plan. I finished sewing it about an hour before the concert, and it turned out pretty cute, and it was much cooler than wearing my black sweater, my only other option. Of course getting a picture of a black shirt is never very easy, especially as I'm walking out the door....(you can see the clock, I'm supposed to be there at 1:30!)

6 comments:

Rachel Forbush said...

So cute! You are so talented!

JWalburger said...

So very cute! I love how you can take some material and just sew up a top. See you soon ! Give me a call about reservations for this week. Love Ya!

Gilly said...

Great job!! - You look so pretty.

Steph said...

Very impressive!! You look GREAT! :)

kate said...

I LOVE it! It looks great, really... and way to go for making it in a day, I love it when we inspire each other back and forth, I am getting all sorts of crafty goodness done over here! Love you!

Oh, and your concert was fabulous, so upbeat and fun!

Jenny said...

Super talented Lady! I love the shirt and you are so beautiful!