Sunday, March 13, 2011

spring....

I love spring bulbs! We have tulips, irises, daffodils, crocuses, and little grape hyacinths coming up! I love it! It gives me garden fever so bad....I just want to go out and plant and dig and whatever else I can do, and it's still just a bit too early. But this year I'm going to be prepared and plant as early as I can, someone told me peas can be planted on St. Patrick's Day, so this week! And I've got all kinds of fun other ideas planned in my mind, so we'll see how many come to fruition! Really, the problem is I'm horribly lazy once the weather turns super hot, so then all of my spring garden ideas might frizzle away. We'll see!

And with the green coming up outside, I've been trying to get more green inside me with these yummy green smoothies. Almost daily I've been whipping them up, using kale or spinach and whatever other fruits sound good. And always a bit of plain yogurt or kefir to keep my belly happy!

4 comments:

Gilly said...

Lucky you live in the land of spring. Here at least it is finally melting. Good for you on the smoothies. The bad weather her has had me addicted to oatmeal with fresh fruit in it.But you can't put spinach in oatmeal.

JWalburger said...

The weather here is finally getting a little nicer. I can't wait for spring.

Crystal HW said...

I really like the flowers on your wall! Spring flowers are always great to have.

Jenny said...

Spring - I wonder what that feels like. Maybe you could push some of that weather here!! Mmmmmm.... those green smoothies look great.