Monday, February 14, 2011

Happy Heart Day

Thank you all for coming to my blog! It makes me feel connected to so many of you that I love who are far away....sometime I wish the world was little bit smaller!

I hope your Valentine's Day is sweet, whether with children or chocolate or whatever else you love. Today it is gorgeous and warm and it totally feels like spring. I just finished reading Christopher McDougall's Born to Run and I've been just itching to get outside and run like the wind. So today when I dropped the kids off to school I drove up the hill a bit, parked the car, and just started running! No warm up, just took off and ran around a beautiful neighbourhood, with the sun in my eyes, heading for the mountains. Not that I made it to the mountains or anything, but it felt great to just be outside. Now I just need to get me a pair of barefoot running shoes, and I'll feel like I was born to run! :)

These little hearts are for my kiddos, and one for a sweet little neice. You can find the pattern here (as a free Ravelry download), they're so easy and fun to whip up, you could make a few tonight with a good movie and some dark chocolate to keep you company! Love ya!

5 comments:

JWalburger said...

Happy Valentines Day !! We sure wish we lived closer to give you all a big hug. Love Ya!

kate said...

If only I were the type to sit down and whip up a bunch of cute little knit hearts, chocolate or no chocolate! Thank you for M's little heart, and thank you for my heart eye pillow, you are too cute! I wish I had come up with some cute valentines craft for everyone too! :)

Jenny said...

Those are so cute!! You are so crafty. What a great post. I enjoyed reading about your run - wished I could have joined you! Love ya!!

Gilly said...

It is crazy cold here again, your post brought some needed sunshine.
I love the hearts. I need to learn to knit - i tried to learn crocheting last week - it is not working very well. I think I need another lefty to give me an intensive one one one lesson using a giant crochet hook - then maybe I would get it. Maybe knitting would be better for me....though that is two needles instead of one hook...

Regardless, your little hearts are ADORABLE!!!!
I like the idea of driving somewhere for a nice run. I always just run around the neighbourhood. ( though Ihaven't been doing that lately...) New scenery would be great. Can't wait for spring!

Vanessa said...

Those little hearts are darling! I always LOVE checking your blog Megs, and I too sure love to run feels so invigerating!