Wednesday, January 5, 2011

A Special Day....

In addition to Christmas, on the 26th we were also fortunate to celebrate the baptism of our sweet little 8 year old! I'm so grateful that she made this decision and that we were able to have so many family members and friends in attendance. She kept saying, I can't believe everyone came that I invited! (I can......she's such a sweetie, so many people love her!) Her dress was mine that my mama made for my when I was baptized, I love seeing my own little girl in it!
Grandpa Doug gave a talk about baptism and Aunt Kate gave a talk about the Holy Ghost and made E a beautiful flannel quilt to remind her that the Holy Ghost can be a comforter. (I don't know how pictures of the quilt escaped all of our cameras, but we'll catch it one of these days!)
And of course little brother was there, sporting his new Christmas sweater from Grandma Vi and Grandpa Gordon! (Grandma and Grandpa, do you remember the locket you gave me for my baptism years ago? I passed it on to E that night, she loves it, and your pictures are still inside!)
Thank you so much to everyone who came and participated and shared their love with E. (To all of you that we wish were with us, we missed you, but you're in our hearts!) It was such a special day and a great way to remember Christ and what he taught us, especially at this time of year.

4 comments:

Rachel Forbush said...

Oh. congratulations! I wish we could have been there to share her special day!

Crystal HW said...

thanks for the pictures. Glad to hear it was such a great day for E.

JWalburger said...

When I saw your pictures it brought tears to my eyes because I wanted so much to be there for your special day. Congradulations!!!

Vanessa said...

I am so out of the blogging world! Tell that little girl congrats, I am so very proud of her. Mark got Baptized in December also! What a special day so glad so many family was there to be a part of it!