Wednesday, January 12, 2011

new.......

Well, we're a week and a bit into this new year, and there are lots of new things going on around here. Lots of the old and familiar though, and that's good too. Here's our Bountiful Basket from the weekend, to go along with our new resolutions of eating well.....not that that's a new resolution, I make it every year, and every month, and every Monday really! I think that's the way eating is, our body finds balance over time with super healthy eating sometimes and then the days and weeks of luxurious holiday feasting. It all balances out, right? (That's what my squishy post-holiday belly keeps telling me!)

I also have a new camera to replace the one that was lost/stolen over the Thanksgiving holiday, but unfortunately I'm not in love with it yet. It's a little pocket point and shoot, and I love how convenient and small it is, but I've been fighting with it to take nice, clean shots without flash. Hopefully we strike a balance soon. (Or, don't tell my camera, but I think I might be trading it for something better!)

I've taken on a new activity, one that's been missing from my life for about 8 years.....I finally joined the local Symphony! I auditioned last night and the conductor welcomed me right in and told me to stay for rehearsal. It was a wild sight-reading ride for my poor un-conditioned fingers and brain, (we're playing Rimsky-Korsakov's Scheherazade) but it was soooooo fun! I've also been working practicing into each day for the past week or so, hopefully I can keep it up.
So those are a few of our "news." I really did try to post all of my New Years Day skiing pictures on Sunday, but blogger wouldn't take them. So I'll try to get them up again in a couple of days. I also have some fun handmade holiday posts to share, stay tuned!

6 comments:

Rachel Forbush said...

Oh, good job for joining the symphony! I want to come see you soon!

JWalburger said...

Way to go Megan!!! It is always fun to do things that you love.

Crystal HW said...

Wat to go Megan! It is always nice to get back into doing things you love.

Gilly said...

That is so great about the symphony....I will now start dreaming about Jenny and I coming down to watch you play! You are so great! Thanks for keeping posting - I have to get back on the blogging wagon.

kate said...

beautiful bounty!!

Congrats on the symphony, maybe Rachel and I could come hear you play together.

Love you tons!

Oh, and awesome blog makeover, I love the heading!

Charise said...

AWESOME!!! I'm so glad you can continue using your talent...I wish I can keep singing with a local group! I miss it a lot! I just figure that H.F. will reward me with many more opportunities when I'm resurrected, right?! Well, I am ordering B.B again too but the organic one. It is a little pricey, but well worth the 10 dollars extra for organic. Enjoy the fresh produce and the healthy living...talk to you about that later I'm sure! REMEMBER...spring is our BODY CLEANSE time! I'll keep you posted on that! BYE