Sunday, January 23, 2011

kitchen scenes.

I spend a lot of time in the kitchen so whether I have the ideal kitchen or not (I don't!), I try to make it a place I like to be. Of course it has food, that already endears it to me! This yummy muffin is a new recipe find, Lynne's Oatmeal Muffins from Laurel's Kitchen. Mmmmm, I made them for dinner two nights in a row because we all loved them so much. (They were altered to be gluten free.)

And of course my belly's favorite friend, Kefir! We've been making up a batch of this every night and enjoying it in smoothies and just straight. I always feel so much better when I'm getting my kefir fix each day.
I LOVE the afternoon/evening light in my kitchen! Admittedly, in the summer it makes it sooooo hot, but in the winter it's so warming and inviting. And the sunset view is fabulous! We've been having beautiful sunsets every evening for the past couple of weeks, always while I'm getting dinner ready.
Unfortunately I'm usually looking the other direction, at this sweet little corner. I spend MANY hours here, and I've made my peace with dishes! I used to dread them, and put them off as long as possible, but for the past couple of years I haven't minded them so much. And lately, I've even looked forward to them from time to time, my hands and feet are always cold in this old house, and I love standing there up to my elbows in warm, soapy water. Now if I cold only have a warm foot bath at the same time! (That's what sheepskin slippers are for!)
And my favorite part of the kitchen......the eaters! This one is always enthusiastic! I love it when he tells me, "Mommy, you're the best maker in the world!" And lately when I'm making him his favorite sandwich he always says, "Mommy, you're my girl!"

These are all shots I took to test out my new new camera (I took the other one back). Now I have this one, and it's better, but still not great. I don't know if I could just be happy and stop wishing I had the next step up, or just go the next step up and be happy. :) I bought this from Costco so I figure I can play around with it for a month or two and then take it back and move up a notch if I need to. If I do that all year, by the end of the year I'll have the one I really want! (Just kidding!)

2 comments:

kate said...

oh fun! your kitchen really is super cute megs! I haven't been drinking my kefir but I need to get back into it. I am going to try it in my bullet to make a sweet fruity kefir drink each morning. We'll see how it goes.

Jenny said...

There is something comforting about kitchens. Great pictures of your kitchen. Miss you!