Tuesday, December 14, 2010

our tree....

We live in a sweet little old brick house that was built about 60 years ago, and this picture makes me feel like it could have come right out of this house's first Christmas! I'm having lots of fun with my phone camera, but since I don't feel like it takes the greatest, clearest pictures, I mostly use the fun apps. So get ready for lots of funky pictures!

Holiday preparations are in full swing around here. The advent calendar has been wonderful, the kids look forward to it every morning! So far we've had movie night with popcorn, a new book, cutting snowflakes, family game night, homemade hot chocolate for breakfast, sending letters to Santa, and making gingerbread men. Today is homemade playdough day! Today is also stay-home-from-school-sick-day......E has a bit of a cough and sore throat so we're having a quiet herbal tea and soup sipping day.

I can't believe Christmas is next week! I hope you all are finding quiet moments to enjoy the season. I've been loving my evenings of sewing......a little pile of gifts is growing bigger each night! I'm glad my shopping was mostly done by the end of November, this month has been very homey. Lots of homemade gifts and goodies to enjoy! (I'll have some funky camera pictures to share of those too!)

4 comments:

Crystal HW said...

Glad to hear things are going well. It is fun making gifts!

kate said...

I agree, I thought the same thing when I saw that picture, looks so old fashioned! Love it! Love you guys, sorry E is sick today!
Love you!

JWalburger said...

I hope E gets to feeling better. It is no fun being sick. Love your tree!!!

jesieo said...

lovely tree megs, i would love to spend a nice homey christmas at your house!!