Friday, December 3, 2010

Advent.......

:: Welcome to the world little babe O! Our 32 week nephew is doing AWESOME! He's breathing just fine and drinking mama milk like a champion.....Congrats Jes! ::

With December 1st being an exciting BIRTH day for the family, (happy birthday to you too, Mom!), we've jumped into the whirlwind month of December. I was pretty proud of myself, this advent calendar was up and functional, and only one day late! (We started it yesterday.) I started sewing these little stockings 2 years ago! Last Christmas I finished them but didn't actually get them stitched to anything and didn't have any way to hang them up for display. This year I'm on it! I still need to get a dowel to thread through the top, but the kids love it. Yesterday's stocking was decorate the tree, today is write and mail letters to Santa! So fun! I've planned out the whole month, hopefully I just remember to stick them in each night!

Happy Advent to you all!

(On a sad note.......I've lost my camera! We took it on our little Thanksgiving trip and it never made it home......we're thinking it was stolen out of the backseat of the car since those doors don't always get locked, or left at the hotel and never recovered. So there may be fewer holiday pictures than usual this year, but at least it gives me a good excuse to play with the fun camera apps on my phone! Hopefully if I'm a good girl I'll find one under the tree in a few weeks!)

7 comments:

Gilly said...

So sad about your camera. I hate it when stuff like that happens. The stockings look AMAZING!!! Christmas is magic!

kate said...

oh goodness, I just love those little stockings, way to go! Maybe we can participate in some of the daily december magic with you since we don't have an advent calendar of our own!
love you!

JWalburger said...

I just love those stockings! What a cute and fun idea to celebrate and count down the days before Christmas. I know G and E will just love it!! Sorry to hear about your camera. Talk to your soon. Love Ya!

Crystal HW said...

Oh Megan! It is hard to be without a camera.

That is such a CUTE advent calander, and I like how it is more than just chocolate involved.

Charise said...

Megan...Those stockings are SOOOO cute! You are so creative! I bought a cute wooden advent calendar house 2 Christmas's ago at Target on the after Christmas sales. It is cute, but yours is SOOOO much more meaningful and creative! AWESOME! Do you wanna make me one now? ;)

Rochelle and Ben said...

So- is you want to make me one of those advent calenders... jk. But that is AMAZING!!! Man, your entire family is just FULL of talent! And congrats on being an Aunt, again :)
-Rochelle

Vanessa said...

Megs I LOVE your advent calender, you are so creative! I hope your Christmas goes well I sure miss you guys!