Friday, November 5, 2010

Happy Birthday!!!

Happy Birthday to our sweet little "E," who is definitely not so little anymore! I can't believe she's already 8 years old! I love this age! She's old enough to have intelligent conversations and do fun activities with me, but still young enough to play with playdough and make up imaginary scenarios with her little brother. I wish I could just pause time for a little bit right now......but since that's not an option, we're celebrating as much as we can! Today we have an afterschool party for 7 girls and then special dinner with just us and then tomorrow Pirate Island with all the fam! Could it get any better? :)

I think so, especially when she melts my heart by requesting all her favorite mama-made foods, and they're so delicious! Brown rice pudding for breakfast this morning. (Sorry no pics, we ate it all up and practically licked our bowls, it was so yummy! I had mine with bananas and cranberries.) Sushi for lunch today.....
I've had homemade chicken broth simmering all night for her favorite chicken veggie soup......
Cupcakes to decorate with her friends........
And pizza dough mixing away in anticipation of 8 little pairs of hands making their own pizzas. The party is a "Chef" theme......thanks to the inspiration of some great friends!
And of course, what would a chef party be without some new mama-made aprons? I've been sewing like crazy for the past 2 days making 8 little aprons......7 for girls and 1 super cool dinosaur apron for my boy! Wish me luck with all this merry-making!

3 comments:

JWalburger said...

Happy Birthday E!!! Hope you have a great time with all your friends and family. I hope you received your birthday card from me. Love Ya!!!

Gilly said...

Happy birthday E! We are so excited for you to turn 8 and we were thinking of you yesterday because it was Chloe's party. The aprons look great Megan and Alice appreciated the link to her birthday party. We are excited to see pictures from the party! Lots of love!

jesieo said...

seriously cute! it makes me want to have a chef party right now! happy birthday em!