Tuesday, November 23, 2010

A doll for a birthday girl........

Since Kate is sharing her amazingly fabulous nightstand-turned-kitchen on her blog this week, I thought I'd share our gift for the little birthday girl! This sweet little doll was for my two year old neice, and she was well-recieved and has been well-loved since. She's called the "baggy doll" from Maricristin Sealey's book Making Waldorf Dolls. She made with a soft cotton velour I had floating around in my stash and stuffed with bamboo stuffing (sooooooo divinely soft!). E thought she needed a little blanket to wrap up in so we stitched that together at the last minute from soft tshirt knits. This is the only picture I took (on my phone) before we gifted her, but I had to share. I just love how little waldorf dolls come alive as you put them together. Yesterday Kate and I started our Christmas doll projects, so fun! I can't wait to share!

No comments: