Saturday, October 23, 2010

knitting for my boy......

Knitting these woolies for my favorite 4 year old was almost as much fun as photographing him wearing them! He's so happy about them, I love it! The mittens were my car project on the way up to Canada a couple weekends ago and when I finished them, I decided they needed a hat to match. The hat I had originally started in the car was way too small by the time I'd already knit about 5 inches. So G and I spent some time on Ravelry together when we got home and he picked out a fun pattern to use on a new hat. This time I estimated better and it fits him great! Thanks to Jes for all her help, the dinosaur was my first time with intarsia knitting........it was a bit tricky but lots of fun! (Here's the dinosaur chart I used.)

I'm so glad he loves them, now we just need some cooler weather!

6 comments:

Crystal HW said...

Nice work! They turned out great.

kryskamp said...

I LOVE love love these Megs, you did great job. You look great G, way to go, I love 'em! Good choice on the dinosaur! And I have no idea how I haven't noticed these posts go up, actualy, tonight was the first time in a while I realized I haven't been doing much blog surfing, but don't worry, I made up for it tonight!

JWalburger said...

How CUTE!!!! You are such a talented lady. I love them.

Anonymous said...

I love it.....and I love the little guy even more.

Gilly said...

That is so impressive. What a cutie.

Evonine said...

I love how this turned out! I didn't end up using these charts myself after I made them. I'm glad you could make such a great hat out of it!