Sunday, October 17, 2010

Bountiful Baskets!

I've made a new discovery......Bountiful Baskets! This is my first week joining the coop, and I was so excited to pick up my food yesterday morning. I had to be at the location at 7:15am, so of course I was up bright and early, but it was worth it for this "bountiful" spread of food for only $15! I love to cook and eat healthy foods, but over the last few months of keeping track of my eating, I've realized I really skimp out on veggies! This is my first step in trying to get more veggies in my diet, without having to spend too much. My favorite part of this coop is the surprise element, I love not knowing what will be in the next basket. This week we got pomegranates, a super exciting treat around here. We ate one right away for breakfast. I washed the grapes and lettuce right away and put them in the fridge so we're all set for a week of healthy eating!

4 comments:

EmiG said...

We LOVE Bountiful Baskets! It's only been in the Spokane area since March, but it's become a very regular purchase for us. We eat so much better because we have all that fresh yummy produce at home.

JWalburger said...

Wow, that would be so wonderful to have a surprise every week in you Bountiful Basket. It would be like having Christmas every week.
Love Janice

Jenny said...

What a great deal!! And it looks so good!! I have never tried a pomegranate - I guess I will have to one of these days.

kryskamp said...

Oh my goodness, it all looks delicious, I am glad you took a picture!