Sunday, September 5, 2010

summer highlights :: Traditional Indian gowns.......

Well, the event of the summer for our family was my brother Carter marrying a beautiful girl we all love......Tamanna! He met her in India last summer and was of course happy to know she actually was going to school here at BYU, so the rest is history. Her whole family and quite a few extended family members travelled from India to be here for the wedding in SLC, and it was so fun to get to know them all. They generously brought us all the most beautiful clothes, all traditional silks and beading, they were sooooooo fun to wear! I can't wait for my next big dress-up affair, I know what I'll be wearing. I loved mine, the colour is one of my favorites, and it has tiny little pearls all over with gold stitching. We were all sad that we forgot our little forehead jewel stickers back at the hotel, so we'll have to have another event to wear those!
All of us siblings with our new sister.......
We only wore the Indian clothes for the big family dinner the night before the wedding, so we had to have as much fun with them as we could. The dinner was held at the Joseph Smith Memorial Building in SLC, and it was delicious. A big, fun party!
Here I am with the celebrity of the evening, Tamanna! She's wearing a traditional bridal red for her dress, isn't she beautiful?
You can see E's sweet little pink dress, she loved it so much! She wore it to the reception the next night as well, and I think she'd wear it to school if I'd let her. It was the most beautiful dress she'd ever seen!
And of course our beautiful Grandma Vi, I wish we'd had you in Indian clothes too, Grandma, what fun that would have been. (I hope I look like you when I'm a grandma!)

5 comments:

Vanessa said...

Oh how fun you all look so gorgeous! I can't wait to meet Tamanna!! It looks like you all had a BLAST!

JWalburger said...

Wow!! You all look so beautiful and be sure to tell E that I love her pink dress. It looks like you all had a very special evening.

kate said...

Oh goodness, I think my ears STILL hurt from those earrings!! But they were fun and we all look so beautiful! It's was like playing adult dress-up!

Crystal HW said...

Those are pretty sweet dresses! Glad you have been enjoying your time in Utah.

Miss you, but we understand.

Jenny said...

Megan I love these dresses. Wow you guys look so good. What a fun thing to do! And E's dress is so sweet! Every girls dream. And you look so pretty!!