Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Sugar Free September!

Okay, I've got to get this sugar monkey off my back! Seriously, I've had such a fun August, lots of family celebrating and good times, but my brain is getting hard-wired to expect sugar every hour of the day I think! I find myself thinking about what my next treat will be, and looking through the cupboards for anything sweet and yummy! So, I really have to just quit!

I feel like I do this every few months. It seems like I get off sugar and I eat really healthy, lots of good fats and proteins, but then I let it sneak in and before I know, it's taking over! My gut will be happiest with me if I also cut out grains for the most part, so that's the plan. I really like to eat along the lines of the Primal Blueprint, so we'll see how it goes. I'll try to post in here once in awhile to let you all know how it's going. Anyone want to join me? ;)

3 comments:

kate said...

Well I don't know if I want to go as far as "sugar free" but I will definitely jump on the good food band wagon. I am ready to cleanse myself and my eating habits up a bunch too. August was hard on my body I think!!
Thanks for inspiring the best in me!

Gilly said...

It's a bit late to start, but I'm with you on the new sugar thing now.....I had some treats at the pot luck last night though....

Jenny said...

Good job Megs. You have inspired me - I need to do so much better. Especially after the summer of eating junk.