Friday, September 17, 2010

Peach Clafouti recipe.......

This is soooooo yummy! I've been experimenting with some different healthy treats on the weekends to keep me sticking to my sugar free September. I usually use a bit of honey and/or stevia drops. This recipe is from The Primal Blueprint Cookbook, and I altered it a bit. I found these great local peaches at the farmer's market, and the dessert was so yummy, I had it for breakfast the next morning.

Peach Clafouti


4-5 fresh peaches

4 tablespoons honey

2 cups coconut milk (not light)

4 eggs

1/4 cup ground almonds

1/2 teaspoon cinnamon

1 teaspoon vanilla


Peel and slice the peaches and lay in a baking dish. Blend the rest of the ingredients together and pour over the peaches. Bake at 375 degrees for 40-45 minutes. Let cool slightly before eating, (if you can resist that long!). I had quite a bit of batter left over after I poured it over my peaches, so I did a pan of sliced pears and WOW! Almost even better! So you could probably half the batter recipe if you only want a fairly small amount. Enjoy!

5 comments:

Crystal HW said...

that does sound divine!

Vanessa said...

WOW! I so want to try this recipe out! I love new recipes! I am so very proud of you doing a "sugar free September" you are so strong, You go girly!!!

kate said...

oh. my. goodness. that sounds divine megs! i may need to make that! I have a few peaches too that need to be used, yum!

Gilly said...

U've made apple caflouti - but never peach. That recipe sounds so good. My no sugar is not going well - but tomorrow is another day right.

Jenny said...

mmmmmmmmmmm....that looks so good. Good for you for eating no sugar!