Wednesday, September 29, 2010

our favorite way to travel.......

We have been loving the bike riding to and from school these days! Look at my two little school kiddos.....on Wednesdays they get out of school at the same time and I pick them both up together.

Unfortunately my bike has a flat tire at the moment, so we've missed riding this last week. Driving back and forth in the car is not nearly the same. Instead of being all about the journey up to the school, it's just a rushed herding of everyone into and out of the car. And of course it's rushed because we don't have to plan for the long ride, we can just head out at the last minute. I definitely appreciate having a car to get us places quickly and easily, but I realize that I need to be more mindful of our outings and make them meaningful with slower paced walks and bike rides. It's much more fun that way!

3 comments:

JWalburger said...

I can't believe how fast your kids are growing up. Did you get my e-mail requesting that you e-mail me some pictures so that I could update their books? Lova Ya!!! I can hardly wait for your visit in the near future.

Gilly said...

Such big kids!

kate said...

I appreciate it when I have a car too, but I have really been missing our bike. I need to ask Jordo to fix my tires while I'm gone. It even makes heading to your house more of a quick and easy thing, less of a chore, not that going to your house ever seems like a chore, I mean come on, it's only a 7 minute walk, wow, I really am lazy, aren't I!!??