Monday, September 27, 2010

Almond Banana Pancakes (grain & sugar free!)

This is my new favorite weekend breakfast treat! It's full of lots of healthy fats, a bit of protein, and some fruits to balance it out. Definitely a sensible splurge! (Check out the Mark'sDailyApple version of the recipe as well.)


Almond Banana Pancakes

2 T almond butter

1 egg

1 mashed banana

1/2 t cinnamon

1/2 t vanilla

dash of salt

coconut oil


-Whisk together the almond butter and egg. (Feel free to sub a nut butter of your choice.)

-Add mashed banana, cinnamon, vanilla, and salt.

-Heat coconut oil in your pan on medium low. (These pancakes brown easily so not too hot.)

-Drop about 1/4 cup onto hot pan and cook until top is bubbly.
-Flip to see the golden yumminess. These are tender little pancakes so flip gently!

I top mine with butter and a dollop of unsweetened applesauce.......mmmmmmm! Enjoy!

3 comments:

jesieo said...

these look awesome. the last breakfast i had at your house was amazing, i want to come back!!!

kate said...

Oooh, yum! I am surprised this one isn't going into mark's daily apple contest! I LOVE applesauce on my pancakes, delicious!

kate said...

Just so everyone knows, I ate these today at Megan's house and they were divine. So I had to come here looking for the recipe and it will be so very worth it. In fact, I am craving them right now, yum. :)

Thanks Megs!