Monday, August 30, 2010

My New Bike!

This is my fun new birthday present, and I'm loving it! I haven't owned a bike since my students days at BYU, so nigh on 13 years now. (Wow, I'm getting old!) The kids have been riding their bikes like crazy and mostly I walk along behind them and they have to wait for me at the corner of the block to cross the street. Sometimes when I'm ambitious I put on my running shoes and keep up, but that's only when it's not 90 degrees out, so that was only before summer hit. But now, I'm as free as a bird, I can finally keep up with my kids! :) (Of course, I have to stop a lot and help G push his bike up hills and lift it over big curbs, but I'm nearly as free as a bird!)

Anyways, I love my bike! It reminds me sooooooo much of my Grandma Vi's old pink Schwinn Hollywood that I grew up riding at the cabin, I feel like I've stepped back in time. Gotta love Schwinn!

7 comments:

jesieo said...

ooh, i love it megs. it totally reminds me of the old hollywood too! good memory. and i love the swimming pics, i bet those kids would do anything to swim! love you!

JWalburger said...

Pretty cool!!!

Heather said...

Sweet ride :)

Gilly said...

Such a great bike! I'm jealous. Have fun with it.

kate said...

I LOVE it! I am swooning over here!

kate said...

I know I have already posted on this post but I had to link you over to the happy hooper and this sweet bike her friend has and the hoop carrier she built on to it!! I LOVE your bike, btw... maybe I should save up for a new one! Are you still lovin it?
http://thehappyhoop.com/2010/09/07/the-hoop-rack-innovative-hoop-transport/
(her bike reminds me of yours, and hers was wayyyy more expensive!!) :)

Jenny said...

Wow I love it!! That is so cool. I might have to join you soon and get one!!