Monday, June 7, 2010

Sand Dunes!

Are we cool?!? We joined up with our fun Canadian family at the Sand Dunes a few weekends ago and had a fabulous time! There was lots of hotel swimming, building sand castles, riding bikes, and good food eating......our kids wanted to stay forever and live at the hotel.



Our little guy is a natural, he wanted on that bike whenever he could. Grandpa was so nice and bought him a cool helmet to wear!

E liked going on the bikes, but was a little more cautious about climbing those big dunes with Daddy and Grandpa. But she sure loved her sand toys!

Derick was awesome, and I kind of got a little crush on him all over again when he took me up and down the scary dunes and showed me how cool he is on a bike! (Maybe he'll ask me out!)
It was a bit windy and cold, but no match for Grandma's down blanket!


Grandpa's cool bike......

And of course, what are the sand dunes without sand? I think I still get a bit of sand coming out of every wash load, and it's been 3 weeks! But oh, was it worth it!

7 comments:

Crystal HW said...

looks like you guys had a blast!

Heather said...

The stuff memories are made of! Thanks for sharing Megan :)

Jenny said...

That looks like so much fun!! I love that kind-of stuff! G looks so cute in his helmet! Say hi to your kids for me!

Gilly said...

So fun! Ihave never done that. I like that you got a crush on Derrick. I hope he asks you out!

Z Family said...

So fun!! Look how big the kiddos are!!

jesieo said...

i miss you guys already!!!

Charise said...

Sounds like a lot of fun! I would still like to get together when you guys get around to giving us your new email/physical address!