Friday, June 18, 2010

garden greens.......


We've been enjoying fresh garden greens for a few weeks now! Yum! It's so satisfying to step outside my kitchen door and pick a salad (or grab a handful of romaine for a sandwich). These curly ones are kale. They're still babies, I'm just thinning them to make way for the big growth, but the thinnings are great to saute in a bit of butter or bacon grease, Yum! Tonight during dinner I decided my taco rice casserole would taste better with cilantro, so I took about 5 steps out the door and back to my plate with fresh herbs! Double yum!

1 comment:

Charise said...

love fresh greens from the garden too, our garden is CRAP this summer so the only things that we have are a few heads of romaine and a few tomato plants that we didn't plant but decided to come up from last year! Oh, by the way, we're picking all our bing cherries this week. Let us know if you want to come get a bag soon cause they're gonna go quick!