Sunday, April 25, 2010

gardening.......

Hello! Here's the view from my front window, and a wave from me! I miss you all, wherever you are! I haven't been blogging much lately mostly because I haven't been taking very many pictures for some reason, and I like to blog with pictures. But yesterday I thought I'd share a bit of what we did all day. And hopefully I'll drag the camera out with me a bit more, there are a lot of fun things to share as we explore our new neighbourhood.

We were sick most of last week so this weekend we finally felt better and we attacked the yard. It's a fun little yard, not too big, but enough to give us something to do. The tulips are up right now and I'm loving them!
I've got my garden decor up, they're from a very special violin student from Lethbridge, years ago!

Here's a random shot of my shadow in the kitchen, I look like an alien! Just thought I'd share! (That green jar on the counter is my very first batch of homemade sauerkraut!)
more tulips........
aren't they fun!
sorry, more tulips! ;)
Here's the front little bed. I built the logs around it yesterday and I planted a border of kale around the outside with some clusters of cilantro and basil around the tulips. In a couple of weeks I'll add some tomatoes.
Here's the east side of our house. Where the beds of dirt are we planted peas, carrots, kale, 3 kinds of lettuce, cilantro, dill, basil, and parsley. We'll see if anything grows! :) It doesn't look like much area but using the square foot method we can fit quite a bit of plants in there. It's a lot more space than we had in Calgary, and we had a good crop of lettuce, carrots, and tomatoes there. Don't you just love looking at orderly beds of dirt? :) It makes me so hopeful for what will come! (Oh, and I made the little water trough at the bottom of the downspout out of an old roof tile I found in the backyard. The water was making a huge puddle there and wrecking the flower bed. I'm very proud of my solution!)

Thanks for taking my garden tour. It's not much, but hopefully we'll have some fresh yummies this summer!

3 comments:

jesieo said...

wow, great pics megs! i love all the tulips and am intrigued by the sauerkraut. i'm really excited for you to start growing things, so make sure to take pictures of the progress! by the way, you look great!

Crystal HW said...

Thanks for the tour!

The tulips look great! How did the kidlets do with the planting? Mom told me about how E has been with outdoors...best of luck!

kate said...

oh it's all so fun! I am jealous! I need to come up with a summer solution for us... we're at least doing tomatoes and basil, we'll see what else we can come up with!