Sunday, December 6, 2009

trimming the tree........

Our tree is up, it's officially Christmas! Here's our sweet little tree decked out with all our old, new, funky, collected, treasured ornaments. E says we should call it the "memory tree," because each ornament has a memory connected to it.

These are my little elves helping.
Aren't they so cute together?
She was very serious about where everything should go....
I think this is hilarious......my two bald-headed boys. And doesn't our tree look like it's about to topple over? Derick actually taped it to the table with packing tape so it's topple-proof!
Here's the men, inspecting the branches.....
I love this........it's some sort of dance to the tree fairies I believe. :) She was dancing all over the living room with the top of the tree, and this is the one precious moment I caught!

5 comments:

jesieo said...

my favorite is the dancing picture with emberly closing her eyes! you should frame it! i love your tree and you documentation of the process!

Steph said...

What fun! :) It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas!

Gilly said...

I love the memory tree - and the dance for the Christmas fairies! I totally love the way E thinks!

Crystal HW said...

E cracks me up!
Looks like you had fun putting it up.

Anonymous said...

Hey, I recognize so man y of those ornaments. I wondered where they had gone. When I put my tree up every year I wonder about where a few went and then I am glad to know that you wanted some ornaments from your childhood tree. Tell Ember that we have a Memory tree at our house too. That's the best way to go!!!

Love mom