Friday, December 11, 2009

Nutcracker....

E's been begging to go to the Nutcracker for about two years now, ever since we saw it in 2007 put on by the University. This year she even said she'd be willing to make that her Christmas present, and maybe I could just get her one small thing to open on Christmas morning! (Isn't she an angel?) The big Alberta ballet performance turned out to be $90 a ticket, so we had decided we might not go this year. But then my lovely friend Gillian found a smaller performance in a neighbouring town, which turned out to be amazing and very professionally done! Much better than the local one we saw two years ago. So we ventured out in a snowstorm to drive across the city and see the much awaited Nutcracker, and it was sooooooo worth it!

Here's all the little girls in their finery!
Do you notice anything missing from her smile? Yep, earlier that day she had lost her second top tooth, it might just have been one of the most exciting days of her young life! :)

3 comments:

Crystal HW said...

I bet E quite enjoyed herelf! I almost took Sam to the showing here a few weeks ago, but decided she would probably enjoy it better next year.

She looks so grown up in those pictures!

See you in a couple weeks.

jesieo said...

oh, she IS such an angel girl! i'm so glad she had fun, you look gorgeous megs, i like your hair!

littlegreen said...

it looks like I haven't been on reading blogs in a while, life is so crazy busy these last few weeks! The zoo looked like a blast and your tree is gorgeous. I love the family photos too, I know I had seen them but it's fun to see them up in your living room...
I love that you have started that tradition, I LOVE the nutcracker and have been wanting to go for the past few years now but we haven't made it... maybe in a few years M and I will start going. Also, E looks so cute with her missing teeth and flower in her hair, and you look stunning megs, you really look great, thanks for the motivation!
love you!!