Sunday, December 13, 2009

graduation.......

video

Our little violinist graduated from Suzuki Book 1 and we had a home concert to celebrate! She played through every song in the book and I captured them all on video so we can look back and reminisce someday. This is Minuet 1, by Bach, it's towards the end of the book. She's had a good fall semester of violin, even with all day school getting in the way of practice time. We started morning practice early in September and it's been so nice. Now there's no tiredness and complaints, it's just what we do right after breakfast, and we usually have 20-30 minutes. Her favorite thing to do is to figure out by herself how to play her favorite songs, lately it's been Silent Night and Jingle Bells. One morning last week I was in the kitchen and I heard her directing her brother where to stand and when to come in, and when I came back in the room, he had his little jingle bells and they'd put together a duet. :) I'll have to video that one for you!

5 comments:

Crystal HW said...

YAY E!

I bet the duet is cute.

Steph said...

WOWZAS! She is so talented!
I am impressed with her practicing and playing. Great job E!
(I definitely want to see that jingle bells duet too!)
:)

Jenny said...

Wow that was awesome - great job Ember!! And you look so beautiful too! What a great idea to celebrate. You are such a great Mom Megan. Looking forward to when Chloe and Ember can play a duet together!

jesieo said...

wow, what a diligent little student she is! i love it!

littlegreen said...

oh my goodness, great job em! I can't believe how good you are getting,I loved it! Play some more for us, Christmas songs!!