Sunday, October 18, 2009

dishes........

We've been reading our way through the Little House on the Prairie books (we're on The Long Winter) and E's noticed how many dishes Laura and Mary are always having to do. It seems like they're always washing dishes and sweeping the floor! (Aren't we all!) Well, now she thinks dishes and sweeping are kind of cool, because Laura did them, so this is her in her "Laura" dress washing dishes for me! (My wonderful aunt Teresa made this dress for me when I was 5, some 26 years ago!) And yes, we wash all our dishes by hand and use the dishwasher as a drying rack. Seriously, under-counter dishwasher make the BEST drying racks! :)

I just have to share my yummy gluten-free apple pie! We had people over for dinner a couple of weeks ago and I made an apple pie with a wheat flour crust and I didn't have time to make myself a gf pie, so after they left and I had cleaned up the kitchen, I went back to work on a little mini pie for myself......and I thoroughly enjoyed it!

8 comments:

Crystal HW said...

It does look yummy!

Way to go E!! I am sure mommy enjoyed the help as much as she enjoyed doing dishes.

jesieo said...

i totally remember that dress, how fun that em wants to wear it to wash the dishes...tell her she can fly to indiana and wash my dishes any day! we will be happy to have her! and you come too, with the pie!

Vanessa said...

How adorable that she thinks washing dishes is cool! I sure could have used her the last 6 months our dishwasher broke and doing it by hand for a 6 person family was way uncool!

Gilly said...

The pie looks perfect! I'm sure gluten fre pei crust is no small feat!

Kim Siever said...

She looks so grown up!

littlegreen said...

oooh, that pie looks delicious!!

Jenny said...

That is awesome that she is enjoying doing the dishes!! And your pie looks so good. Wow great job! You are such a great cook!

Charise said...

the pie looks yummy...remember to send me some of those recipes that you really enjoy! It sure was nice visiting with you on the phone a while ago. Thanks again for the info. I updated my health blog if you didn't know. It's a lot easier to find the recipes...and when I post more, it will be even more helpful! Thanks!!!