Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Harvest!

I just have to share our first tomato with you! It was delicious......juicy, tart, sweet, acidic! Just perfect. Hopefully the rest of them will ripen before the cold sets in here, but seriously, it feels more like summer today, on the first of September, than it has all summer! It's nice and hot, perfect for ripening tomatoes! Pretty soon I'll share our apple harvest with you......I've been eating apple crisp almost every day for the past week. Happy Harvest season to you all!


6 comments:

Ariane said...

How neat that you can grow tomatoes OUTside. Isn't the harvest so exiting? For some reason this is my favorite time of year, it makes me SO happy!

Crystal HW said...

YAY for finally ripening!

Jenny said...

Mmmmmmmmmmmm.... that tomato looks so good. And your apple crisp is so good - thanks for making it for book club. So fun to see things grow!

jesieo said...

i love garden tomatoes, i got a whole bunch the other day (from other people's gardens) and made delicious gazpacho! mmm.

littlegreen said...

yummmmmm, our tomatoes are ripening too, I love fresh tomatoes. George and Peggy did onions this year and I am in LOVE! I am definitely doing them next year, nothing better than a fresh home-grown onion. I wish I had an apple tree, or someone in the family here at least. Did I tell you George and Peggy are planting a peach tree next year, and then it'll take a few years to start producing, but cool, huh? They figure since we can every year tons of peaches they might as well invest in it fully!?

Gilly said...

Yeak for garden fresh tomatos!