Tuesday, April 14, 2009

The yard is melting!

This is last week, when we still had a few mounds of snow on the ground. But we came back from Easter weekend to a yard clear of snow! Yay! I think it's finally spring! (I think I also need a new banner on top of my blog.) Maybe this springy weather will inspire me take a few pictures, this blog's been kind of suffering for want of pictures lately. Although we woke up to snow again this morning, kind of a bummer.

We had a great Easter weekend, lots of cousins to play with, food to eat, and eggs to find. The perfectness was marred only a bit by a quick trip to the emergency room, I gracefully whacked the back of my hand on the end of a metal bar and had to get a stitch. Yes, that's right, one stitch.....I realize it's nowhere near as cool as 8 staples, but it still hurts! Actually, the tetanus shot was almost as painful as the stitch. My arm has been sore for 3 days!

Unfortunately my little accident happened right before all the Easter festivities, so I have no pictures. (Except for a terrible phone camera picture of me in the hospital.) But Happy Easter to you all!!!


5 comments:

CrystalHW said...

I will email any pictures I have of your kids from the festivites so that you have some. I am crossing my fingers that we do not get your snow tomorrow morning.

Z Family said...

:( NO FUN getting hurt. We wish you a speedy recovery. On a happy note, looks like some great mud pie makins in your yard from the snow melting. Ellie would have a blast!!!

Jenny said...

One stitch is still a big deal. I hope you are feeling better today. Such a bummer that it is snowing today - but hopefully it won't last to long.

jesieo said...

i can't believe you still have snow, i haven't seen it for months! i guess that's what i get for living in southern indiana. happy healing.

Gilly said...

I can't believe your armhurt that long from a tetanus shot. Hope you are feeling better. We missed you last night at iron reps.