Monday, January 12, 2009

checking in.....

Here we are in the new year, lots of playing with new toys and getting back into daily routines. This marbleworks has been one of the favorites, we build a new design almost every day, very fun! I've been off the computer for awhile doing a bit of a media detox, and wow, I got lots done! Lots of reading, lots of cooking, and lots of playing. But I missed a few things on here, so I'll be back a bit more.
Here's Ember's last minute Christmas nightgown I made. I decided the Thursday before that I should make it, and I'm so happy with the way it turned out. I used a vintage child's dress pattern from mom's old pattern stash, and white flannel. And to add a bit of interest, there's red scalloped satin stitch around the neck, sleeves, and hem. Her new waldorf doll has a matching one (that I decided to make the Monday before!). And she's holding one of her new treasured fairies, they've been well loved and played with so far!

5 comments:

Romerils said...

Good job making the pjs. They are so cute! Marble Works is fun hey! We like it around here.

Fight Supply said...

How adorable is that nightgown.... some day my minimal sewing skills will grow beyond quilting and I will maybe achieve half of the great things you, your sisters and mom are always making. One of Ellie's friends has the marble tower.... they will play with that thing for hours. GREAT!! So much fun.

Gilly said...

That nightgown is sooooo beautiful. I bet she feels like a princess or an angel or and angel princess when she wears it!The marble tower is cool. Eve would love it - she has recently become obsessed with carrying marbles around. If you ever lose your marbles (literally - not metaphorically - though we would try to help then too) Eve can help locate them. I try and try to keep choking hazards away from her - yet somehow she always finds them. I'll be putting her into her carseat or changing her diaper and realize she has one or two marbles tucked into her fist.

CrystalHW said...

last minute gifts and projects...love em'! I think I should go on a Media break for a bit...I have so much catching up to do. IT is so easy to get caught up and waste the whole afternoon on the computer and such.

jesieo said...

i remember hours of marbleworks fun. it's been awhile since i've seen a set. i'll bet gavin loves it. and i agree with the rest of the comments, your last minute nightgown looks like a success... it reminds me of the kirsten american girl christmas outfit, where she has the wreath of candles on her head... very cute!