Sunday, November 9, 2008

Happy Birthday Emberly!


My little girl turned six last week, and I can't believe how fast these six years have flown by! Unfortunately, the poor girl had strep throat all week, and her actual birthday wasn't that exciting. We spent a good chunk of the day at the doctor's, then at the pharmacy, and the rest of the day curled up on the couch watching movies! (Thanks Chloe, for the stack of dvds!)

Here's our sick birthday girl, wrapped up in her new flannel sheets, fresh out of the dryer, with her new little animals!


The new snow outside was pretty exciting, that's always a fun birthday present!
Posing with one of her gifts, a squishy mattress pad to make her bed more comfy, just like mom and dad's! It goes nicely with the new flannel sheets!


A sushi birthday cake! :) This was her requested dinner, but her poor throat was so sore she choked on the nori and had to spit it out and ended up crying through the rest of the meal! The ice cream for dessert went over better. We also stocked up on popcicles and juice, much easier on the throat!

I know she looks pretty chipper in the above pictures.....this is what the rest of the day looked like. Poor little girl. We've been celebrating all week though, to make up for the sick days!

6 comments:

jesieo said...

i love these pictures megs, you have such beautiful kiddos. i hope her birthday was great and she knows how much we all love her!

Gilly said...

I love seeing baby pictures of kids that I know. What great pictures. I am so glad she is feeling better. She did so great yesterday at the presentation. She had a long part!

cwalburg said...

Awww, poor Emberly! Hope she is doing better.

Romerils said...

Happy Birthday Emberly!! I felt so bad that she couldn't eat her sushi cake. I'm glad that she is feeling better!! What a cute girl she is. We sure love her!!

Charise said...

she is such a cute girl...hope she is doing better now. I just tried to email you something and it came back. is it still the damwal@earthlink or has it changed? email me the right one when you get a chance k? Oh, i just made your pumpkin bread recipe you sent me and it turned out real yummy. i posted it one my blog and told everyone to check it out on my health blog. Thanks for that. if you have any more you think i'd like...PLEASE send them.

housers said...

Megan! I found your site somehow. What beautiful kids. You look like you're doing a terrific job! Happy Birthday to your little girl!