Monday, October 13, 2008

pumpkin muffins.......yum!

Happy Canadian Thanksgiving to you all! I made these yummy gluten free pumpkin muffins to take with us to the farm this past weekend. My kiddos love them, so I thought I'd share. The recipe is from Mothering, definitely check it out! With a few alterations they make awesome gluten free muffins. The flours I used were sorghum, millet, quinoa, and amaranth. I also added almond meal and flax seeds, both ground in my little coffee grinder. The millet, quinoa, and amaranth I ground in my flour mill about a month ago, I just store them in the fridge after grinding to keep them fresh. I also used honey instead of molasses. (Nothing to do with gluten, just yummy!) And I added a lot of cinnamon and cloves. We like them spicey!
Just to keep it real, here's a shot of the messy work station!
If you look closely you can see the oven temp, all ready to go.
If you make mini muffins, they cook pretty quickly so watch them. E and G can eat half of this pan in one sitting!
And for clean up, it helps if you have a spoon-licker like this one here! She's invaluable in my kitchen, I highly recommend one!

4 comments:

cwalburg said...

Awww, you mean I missed out on your muffins? They look so yummy! Maybe I will just have to make some myself for a muffin party this Friday. It was great seeing you guys!!

jesieo said...

oh those look amazing megs. if i don't have fancy flour can i just use the basic white all-purpose stuff... they make my mouth water.

littlegreen said...

yummm... and oh my heck, I do always like to hear about your fancy flours, you sound so natural and gourmet!! I would be able to eat the whole tray in one sitting probably!!
I LOVE the flavors of fall...

Holly said...

Those look so good!!! My recent attempt at pumpkin muffins did not turn out. :( *sigh* Oh well!