Saturday, September 20, 2008

Corners of my home.......(or how to decorate for $20!)

I was just looking through my pictures and realized that I hadn't taken any new ones for over a week. Hmmmm, it may have something to do with my battery being dead, and I keep forgetting to charge it. Oh well, life has been busy. I have 4 new students, E's in school, D's working long days, and between all that I'm trying to keep the house clean and make yummy dinners every night! (Well, they're not always yummy.)

So here's a couple pictures of my living to share, this is decorating on the cheap. (I in no way claim to be a "decorator," just so you know.) I spray painted a bunch of random frames that I already had with a satin black, and framed these cool littl3 paper cut outs that a good friend had brought me from China. The three in one frame is from IKEA and the photos are flowers in my garden. The lamp is a gift from an awesome friend, the couch cheap on craigslist, and the luxurious velvet and down pillow, $4 at Value Village! (My favorite thrifting store!)

These curtains are a thick cotton sateen that I've been coveting from IKEA for awhile, and then I found for cheap at the above mentioned favorite thrift store! (woohoo!) They're very sloppily put up right now (I'm a big fan of the Nester!) but I have plans to hem them to the proper length and iron them, and put the finials on the rod. I was just so excited to put them up that I didn't care, but D says they're a little embarassing!
Thanks for sharing a little corner of my home today. I'll try to take more pictures this next week, the battery is charging as I type!

4 comments:

jesieo said...

cute megs. i like that nesting site too, thanks for the link.

Camilla Le said...

Megan- You've always had a crafty, artsy eye. I just love ya!

Heather said...

I love a good bargain story! Great finds! They look great together :)

cwalburg said...

I love how you are able to make your house a home with such thrifty ideas! Maybe Rob and I will have to come Christmas shopping for a weekend in Calgary so I we can go Thift shopping together.