Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Apples apples apples.......

I will eventually sit down and write a bit more about what we're up to, since life is picking up speed with September starting! But for now, enjoy a little of our apple love! I was telling mom today, I don't know why everyone who lives in an agreeable climate doesn't plant a whole yard full of fruit trees, they're miraculous! My kids think that if you're hungry and you need a snack, you head out to the apple tree, I love it! We've picked and picked and picked, and chopped, and cooked, and dried, and juiced, and canned, and baked, and we still can't get seem to get enough. Hopefully I can keep up my apple processing steam so we don't let baskets and baskets of them go to waste. Anyone want to come and help themselves? :)

(These are the big crabapples, we also have tiny crabapples, and large full sized apples. Fun!)




5 comments:

littlegreen said...

mmmmmm, yummy! I picked my apple tree this weekend and got about 13 total. total. can you belive that? And then two of them were bug infested so I had to go searching for just a few more to fill up the rest of my dehydrating trays. man, that is not very many apple slices for the winter!! I wish I lived close enough to come steal yours!!
How was ember's first day??
love ya.

cwalburger said...

Glad to see you are able to enjoy a great full harvest this year. Hope Emberly's first day went well.

jesieo said...

oooh, your applesauce is so pretty, i love it. i wish i could take some apples off your hands. but alas, no, not this time. great pictures though. embers hair is so long!

Heather said...

Yummy looking applesauce! Let me know if you want a canned apple pie filling recipe...my hubby's fave!
Hope all is well :)

Emily said...

Oh, I'm jealous! I think I would be better at canning and pies etc if I had the fruit at my doorstep. Looks awesome!