Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Summer Baking.....

This summer's been a bit cooler than past years, but no complaining here! We've still had plenty of sun and warm days, and one benefit is being able to do more baking than I usually do in the summer. A few times a week I've been firing up the oven to test some yummy gluten free treats. This is one of the most popular around here, it's an apple cinnamon streusel muffin. Yum! This is the recipe I start with, and then tweak it a bit to add in teff flour, sorghum flour, and honey. The kids love them, and I'm perfecting the recipe so it's ready when our apple trees are ripe, I forsee many apple recipes in the works this fall!

2 comments:

cwalburger said...

Yummy!! Wish it was cool enough here to bake! It looks like another week of 30 degree weather for us here in the Hat. Are you still planning on coming for a visit here before school starts? It could be fun. Anyways, we will see you this weekend!

littlegreen said...

mmmmmm, yum! I'd love to come over and have one, I think i should make some muffins, those sound so yummy!