Sunday, August 17, 2008

Harvesting.....

We've been eating a few things out of our yard, which is very exciting! Our carrots grew so well, I wish we had 10 times as much. But having only a few has made them very precious. E says they're the best carrots she's ever had in her life! We're also still eating quite a bit of lettuce from the garden, it's been very productive.
Our apple trees are getting close to harvest and I think they're so beautiful! The little red crabapples are pretty tasty, and I think this week I'm going to try picking a bunch. The big green apples are still pretty tart, but I think in a couple of weeks they're going to be perfect. Hopefully I can keep up with this harvesting, I don't want to waste any, they're all so yummy!

3 comments:

cwalburger said...

Glad to see you had a great harvest! makes me jeleous, actually. Maybe next summer I will rent a garden spot or something. Thre is tonnes of things you can do with your crabapples, have fun!!

jesieo said...

hey megs, sorry i haven't gotten ahold of you since you're birthday, looks like it's been busy though. i'm using internet at a bakery right now, so i won't be able to check back for a few days, just wanted to say hi and that i hope to talk to you soon, cute pictures! those carrots look so yummy right now.

frostbite said...

Hi old friend,

Nice carrots! I understand you spent some time with my Dad the other day. What a gift. I've been in AK several times in the last few months, but I think I just missed your visit on either end. I enjoyed very much reading your blog. What beautiful children. Send me a hello at burchian@gmail.com, and I'll send you a proper update.

Ian