Friday, July 18, 2008

I've been sewing!

It's been ages since I've done much sewing, especially clothes. A couple of weeks ago I claimed an empty corner of our storage room as my own and I set up shop! I love it! It's so great to be able to leave projects all over the place and close the door so no little hands can get into it. And my new Viking is a dream to work with, she knows all kinds of tricks, even the dreaded buttonholes were a pleasure! The top picture is a reconstructed t-shirt, from a gigantic thrifted tee, I love it! (And I love my walking-foot!)

This next pic is from the SewU book, and it was really fun! Lots of firsts for me, I've nver done a collared shirt before, but it went together great! Now I have all kinds of projects floating around in my head, I've found my sewing mojo again!

3 comments:

jesieo said...

i can't believe you made those shirts megs, especially that collared one. how did you do that? you are superwoman, it looks so hard. the shirt looks amazing though, a really cute fabric, nice choice. two big thumbs up!!!

Camilla Le said...

MEG-*

You are B-E-A-U-T-I-F-U-L, just like you were when we were college roomies...only, more maternal n' stuff. Love and miss you! xo

cwalburger said...

Glad to see you made some space for yourself! I know what you mean about being able to have yoru own space where you can clsoe the doors and leave everythign all set out. I kind of miss that sometimes. I hope to be back into sewign again soon. I have a few sets of curtains to make, then a few projects I want to finish. Hopefully I get them done this summer so I can show them off soon. You did great on your shirts!