Thursday, June 26, 2008

pie day.

Sometimes you just need to make a lot of pies! My little kitchen helper and I made 6 pie shells the other day with Grandma's special recipe. So now we have a freezer full, ready for chocolate cream pie, banana cream pie, lemon cream pie.... Of course they're NOT gluten free (unfortunately) so I just have a little bowl of chocolate pudding and I'm good to go. Everyone else has been enjoying them though. I'm just flexing my pie making muscles to get ready for apple season, since we'll probably have a backyard abundance of apples and crabapples. Yum!


7 comments:

cwalburger said...

Loooks like you are having a great old time. Mmm, makes me hungry for pumpkin pie actually.

Emily said...

Yum! I don't think I've ever had lemon cream pie...recipe?

littlegreen said...

yum... I was just thinking the other day that a pie souded yummy... maybe i'll make one of my apple pies with the filling I canned last year... that's another thing you should do with your apples if you want, apple pie filling.... makes it sooo easy in the winter... also a really nice gift!!
love u.

littlegreen said...

emberly looks sad in these ones, tell her she needs to do a new post with happy ember pictures!!!

Z Family said...

MMMM.... can you mail pies?? J/K.. Looks super yummy... my taste buds are doing a jealous jig!!

Jen said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jen said...

I love pictures of people pressing and kneading dough...it always has such a pretty, rustic look!...On a side note, a friend of mine is due any day now and is naming her daughter Ember!

Sorry I deleted my last post, I always forget to proofread!