Sunday, June 22, 2008

the garden.......

Our little garden is pluggin' along, but unfortunately this is all the spinach that survived. We had buckets of rain for 3 weeks in a row, so I think it just got rained out. E was soooooo excited today when I said it was ready to pick, it was just two tiny little plants. But the 8 little leaves of spinach are in the fridge right now, crisping up, ready for a miniature salad tonight. It still feels good though, to know we grew something!

And my little gardening girl is also thrilled about all of the flowers growing in our yard! So here's some to share........



3 comments:

cwalburger said...

Love teh way you have picted up the talent of taking great pictures. I agree, it is nice to see something grow when you have planted, no matter how small the crop.

littlegreen said...

so fun to have some spinach that you grew yourself, I love it! beautiful flowers!! I should take some pics of the wild roses in front of our house, they're beautiful!
love ya!

Anonymous said...

I love it.....I think a spinach salad sounds wonderful right now. I planted last weekend at the cabin and Gordon is watering for me. next time I go I will take some pictures to share. Keep gardening. I love the flowers!!

Grandma Lynne