Thursday, May 15, 2008

Planting time.......

I caught a little bit of garden fever this spring and was determined to grow something. So I whipped this tiny little box out of scraps we had in the garage, and filled it with compost, dirt, and peat moss, and planted a few things. In the little squares we have, in order, spinach, carrots, lettuce, spinach, carrots, lettuce. I decided to double up in case nothing actually grows! I'm new at this!

In this shot, Ember's watering with our watering bucket, we still don't have a hose or a real watering can so we poked holes in the bottom of this bucket so she could sprinkle. Stay tuned for harvest time, hopefully something grows! (Gavin saw a plane fly over as I took the picture!)

2 comments:

Katelyn said...

looks like fun! I will send my growing "thoughts" your way... hopefully you get a nice little garden! yay!

Steph said...

How fun!
I have to get our garden going soon...we are hoping to grow some squash this year! Zach loves to plant and pick the vegetables we grow, it is such a fun project with kids.

I can't wait to see update pictures!