Friday, May 2, 2008

Moving......

Well, we've finally arrived! Isn't it crazy that pretty much everything we own was in that truck? We packed up Monday and Tuesday, then travelled all afternoon and unloaded Tuesday evening. Wow, what a lot of work! But we're getting settled in our new home, box by box. Poor Emberly's been sick all week, and now Gavin's getting his share of it, so she has spent most of the packing and unpacking laying on the couch. Or in the case of the pictures below, just sprawled out on the floor! Both kids amazingly fell asleep Tuesday afternoon at the same time, and in all honesty, that's what Derick and I wished we could do. Moving is hard work!


3 comments:

Katelyn said...

oh they are both so cute! and look how big gavin is getting!! I can't wait to see you guys in just a few weeks, good luck getting it all unpacked, and I hope Em and gav both get feelin' better soon!
love you guys!!

cwalburger said...

glad the move went well. It kind of makes me sad looking at those pictures. It is the end of an era! Oh well. Now we will have to come and see you at your new house, as you will with ours and Scotts. Hoep the kids get better soon, and that you and Derick do not catch it as well.

Dawn said...

Hey Megs! Congrats on your move! Moving is such hard work, but it is fun to have the adventure of moving too. :) I hear you are coming up to visit!? Yea!!! It will be so great to see you, and this time hopefully the power won't go out. :) giggle!! I am leaving for a one week trip to Germany on Tuesday, with Anna and Julie(my roommate from college). I am very excited!! But, I will be in town when you visit, so give me a call. :)