Thursday, March 13, 2008

Gluten free........

Who says gluten free food has to be depriving? Tomorrow it will be 5 weeks that I've been completely gluten free and I'm so happy with the results! My tummy is much happier with me! There's been some challenges along the way, but I've been able to satisfy any cravings that I've had with a gluten free option.

Some of my favorite things to eat are brown rice, homemade corn tortillas with homemade refried beans, mashed potatoes, soup, stir fry, and the list goes on and on. Breakfasts have been polenta, cracked rice cereal, brown rice pudding, GF oatmeal, homemade GF muffins, yogurt, kefir smoothies, fruit, etc. Goodies are homemade hot chocolate, chocolate pudding, cookies, brownies, and macaroons.

These cookies are my new favorite homemade cookies! They're flourless peanut butter cookies with chocolate chips, totally gluten free. I tested them out by eating about 8 in one day and I wasn't writhing on the floor in pain, as I would have been with other cookies! Everyone should try this recipe, even if you're not GF, they're soooo good. I used natural peanut butter and half brown sugar, half white, and added some vanilla. Even Derick couldn't get enough, and he's totally prejudice against all GF food! Try them, you won't regret it!

4 comments:

Katelyn said...

you're back!!! those cookies look soooo good, now if only they were calorie free too!! wish you were here!

Z Family said...

Good for you!! What a tremendous achievement. We have been partially gluten free for about 6 months. If we are at home it is much easier than if we are on the road or visiting elsewhere. FYI... Costco sells a great gluten free bread. My aunt is an autistic therapist and the studies show huge correlations between various forms of development deprivation and gluten. Great job!! I know it can be hard.

cwalburger said...

Too fun! Glad to see that the GF diet is still going well. I was going to ask you how the Tortillas went. And you are right, those cookies are good! I should get the Strawberry Salsa recipe for you, it is sooo yummy and GF.

Fenrisar said...

This comment has been removed because it linked to malicious content. Learn more.