Thursday, December 6, 2007

The season is upon us......

Emberly and I had a wonderful mother/daughter date yesterday going to a matinee of the Nutcracker. So magical! It brought back happy memories of being little and going with my mom to see the Nutcracker. I remember how much I loved the part when the Christmas tree grows in the middle of the night, I was always in awe!

I think it was pretty magical for her, she seemed entranced the entire time. Or maybe just tired, we both were recovering from stomach flu (yes, I got it too). No really, it was so fun, even feeling a bit under the weather. It was a performance put on by students of the University community ballet program, the same program Ember was in last year. So it wasn't a big professional ballet troop or anything, but they did an excellent job! And they had some professional dancers for the main roles.

Anyways, just wanted to let the world know that we are officially caught up in the season! We don't quite have the tree up, but we're celebrating all the same!

2 comments:

littlegreen said...

ohhh, how fun! I have really been wanting to go to the nutcracker this year... Jordan is like no way! I may just ahve to wait until I have a little girl someday to get my nutcracker fix again!!
love you guys, sorry you've had the flu bug!

cwalburger said...

I bet Emberly did have fun. Glad to hear that everyone is better now. Hope your gingerbread house turned out good. I had mine done, and then when I went to get the camera, it fell apart beyound repair. Oh well, it still tastes good.
Merry Chrsitmas. See you in a few weeks, or sooner.