Friday, September 14, 2007

Harvest Bounty.....

This post is to show my meager attempt at preserving yummy local food for the winter. It's not much, but I'm still proud! And it's a good thing my family doesn't have to count on this to survive!

These carrots are from a local Hutterite colony, and I pickled them using D's grandmother's recipe. We have no idea if they're tastey, we have to wait a few more weeks until they're ready, but they sure look pretty in my pantry!




These strawberries we picked ourselves at the farm of one of my students. They're the most delicious strawberries in the world! Even G and E joined in the picking, well, G mostly taste tested for us in the field!




And here's my little kitchen helper, he's usually attached to my leg!


1 comment:

cwalburger said...

Looks like quite the harvest! I am kind of jeleous of the Pickled Carrots. Maybe next year I wil be able to grow enough carrots to can like that.