Monday, July 16, 2007

My Favorite Place......

Well, I wanted something to blog about, and since I've lost my camera for the moment, I was searching through old pictures on my hard drive and came across this, my favorite place! This is my family's cabin in Alaska on Kenai Lake and it's a place filled with thousands of Green family memories. My dad's parents bought it when he was a boy, I believe it was 1958 or 59. Back then it was just the smaller cabin you see in the foreground, and it was barn red with a green roof. That's how I remember it when I was a kid, and of course it was wonderful! When I was about 8 or 9, my Dad designed the larger cabin and built a deck to connect the two cabins. Now there's room for everyone! My grandparents, being the Alaskan pioneers that they are, are living there for the summer. There's not even running water! I think that's pretty impressive for a couple who is a bit into their golden years!

Unfortunately I'm about 2000 miles away from my favorite place at the moment, but it's never too far from my thoughts! Thank you Grandma and Grandpa, for having the vision to create what would become such a wonderful family retreat!

2 comments:

littlegreen said...

oh megs!! I was thinking about the cabin this week too, thanks for the photo visit!!

gordon.green@gte.net said...

HI MEGS,

WE ARE READING YOUR MESSAGE, THANKS

FOR THINKING ABOUT THE CABIN, WE ARE

IN ANCHORAGE AT PRESENT, WILL BE

RETURNING TOMORROW. WILL BE

THINKING OF YOU AND YOUR FAMILY....

LOVE, G AND G