Saturday, June 9, 2007

One year ago.........

It's a few minutes from midnight and I'm sitting in my quiet living room, in my chair next to my lamp, the exact same place I was sitting one year ago at this time. Tomorrow my baby will be one year old, and because I'm such a sentimental fool, I'm sitting quietly in my chair eating my Callebaut chocolate cheesecake! Yum! Last year at this time I was hugely pregnant, but two weeks from my due date, and I was staying up late to enjoy my chocolate cheesecake in peace and quiet and finish sewing the hair on Emberly's waldorf doll. I had no idea I'd be welcoming my sweet baby boy into the world in the next 7 hours! So I just had to pick myself up a piece of this delicious cheesecake and revel in the memories. Tomorrow we'll be having a little family party at the farm with the Grandparents, so I should have lots of fun pictures. Hard to believe it's been a year!

3 comments:

littlegreen said...

a. that chocolate looks divine!!! I hope I am eating chocolate cheesecake right before my babies are born, just so I can do it again year after year!!
and b. i am glad you guys had fun out at the farm. love you tons!!

Emily said...

Happy Birthday Gavin!! This year has sure gone fast.
Did you make your cheesecake or buy it from Cheesecake Cafe?

Z Family said...

Can you believe it has already been one year??? Our little ones are growing so fast. Happy belated Birthday Gavin!!